2 large carrots
4 strips bacon or salt pork
1-2 cups hot water
4 average potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dried summer savoury
1 cup finely chopped celery
1. Skin and clean rabbit. Wash thoroughly with warm salted water.
2. Make dressing as follows: Mash potatoes to make 2 cups, add butter, salt, pepper, savoury, and celery. Fill body of rabbit with this stuffing and sew it up.
3. Place rabbit breast down on rack of baking pan, with legs folded under the body and fasten in this position with skewers.
4. Place quarter carrots inside it on the rack.
5. Fasten strips of bacon over the back of rabbit with toothpicks to keep the flesh from drying out.
6. Place pan in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, then pour a cup or 2 of hot water over that meat and continue cooking until tender.
7. Remove the bacon for the last 10 minutes and let the rabbit brown. Serves 6.