1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ cups diced potatoes
1 cup diced carrots
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh or dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup cold water
1/3 cup milk
1. Skin and clean rabbit, wash thoroughly and cut into serving pieces.
2. Rabbit into pan large enough to hold the pieces without crowding. Add salt and enough cold water to cover the rabbit.
3. Cover pan, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook over low heat about 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
4. Strain the broth and set aside. With a sharp knife cut the rabbit meat from the bones and return the meat to the broth.
5. Add diced vegetables and seasonings to the broth. Simmer over low heat until vegetables are tender.
6. Mix flour into a paste with the cold water in add to the stew, stirring constantly to prevent lumping.
7. Sift 3/4 cup of flour with 2 teaspoons baking powder and ½ teaspoon salt. Beat 1 egg slightly and add 1/3 cup milk. Add egg and milk to the dry ingredients stirring just enough to moisten them.
8. Drop dumpling mixture by spoonfuls on top of the boiling stew, spacing them so they will not run together during cooking.
9. Please a heavy lid on top and cook for 15 minutes without lifting the lid. Serves 8.