For the past three years, I’ve been pleased to serve on the Circle of Directors of Native Men’s Residence. We’re always looking for new, fresh faces to do some rewarding work volunteer work. The Circle of Directors make the corporate decisions for this really well-run community organization that does so much great work for indigenous men and the homeless in Toronto.
We’re looking for both indigenous and non-indigenous volunteers. If you are interested in putting your name forward, please contact Na-Me-Res at (416) 652-0334 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circle of Directors Opening
Download the Posting (PDF 266kb)
Native Men’s Residence is currently seeking to fill volunteer positions for their Circle of Directors. Circle members are responsible for the overseeing of organizational development and play a crucial role in organizational success.
Native Men’s Residence is a multiservice organization which delivers a variety of programs and services. Na-Me-Res offers a 69 bed Men’s Shelter, Outreach Services including Housing and Aftercare support, and Sagatay, supportive housing for a period of one year. Inclusively, Na-Me-Res fosters and maintains a healthy sense of community, cooperation and self-worth through the promotion of Traditional Native Culture and Values. We endeavour to build a strong foundation for our clients on their road to recovery and self-sufficiency.
This is an opportunity to develop new and exciting strategic directions as part of a dynamic organization striving to enhance services available for Toronto’s Aboriginal homeless population.
Na-Me-Res looks for the following qualities in all of its circle members:
- Understanding of Toronto’s Aboriginal community and its needs;
- Awareness of homeless issues, particularly as they apply to Aboriginal people and/or marginalized communities;
- Willingness to commit time for board meetings, committee meetings, planning sessions, special events;
- Ability to excel in a team environment;
- Familiarity with board procedures and non-profit management;
- Knowledge of an Aboriginal language and/or traditional cultures is considered an asset.
Currently we are seeking members with expertise in the following areas:
- Financial Analysis
- Corporate fundraising
- Strategic Planning